Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Canon printer - What does the E3 message mean?

Customer Question
For my canon printer -...
For my canon printer - What does the E3 message mean?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
12/16/2015
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer.

Does the orange light blinks 3 times?

no orange light is on. the indicator light shows in progress but nothing happens. but pushing one of the buttons -I don't know which one -I got the E3 message.

let me know the model number of the printer.

MG 3120

E3 error is triggered by paper jam.

The problem can happen due to following reasons :

There would be some piece of paper, clips, paper sticker or something which might be stuck inside the printer and you are not able to access it. In that case you need to remove all ink cartridges, turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it well for few times. If still not working then you need to open it up as much that you can access or see if something is really stuck,The electrical sensor and parts which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam may have issues either there is dust on it or its gone bad and might need to be replaced. You can first open up the printer and blow air in it use a compressed air to remove all dust. If it doesnt work then the printer needs a repair due to sensor problem check out the repair cost before you opt for a new Printer. If its in warranty you can contact the manufacturer for a replacement.

I found no paper jam, but after I shook it I was able to print . Thank you

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert