Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Canon PC -6RE that i changed cartridge in but

Customer Question
copies are dark and grainy....
I have a Canon PC -6RE that i changed cartridge in but copies are dark and grainy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2015
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 1 year ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello and thank you for chosing JA for your support needs. Sorry of the issue.

I need to know is this a new issue or has it been happening for some time?

How old is the Printer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For some time 15 years old
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you still there?

Yes Sir or Madam... Formulating my next steps for you...

This is a guide by Mr Brandon Getty. This is the best way I know of to restore your Copier to like new functionality with out the HIGH COST of a Canon Service visit.

Items you will need

• Newspaper
  • Vacuum
  • Hose attachment
  • Microfiber towel
  • Paper towels
  • Glass cleaner

Step 1

Spread out several sheets of newspaper on a firm working surface. Ensure that your work area is clean and free of dust and other debris.

Step 2

Locate your copier's cartridge and drum access panel, typically located on the front or side of the machine. Pull the hinge and either swing or slide the door open to reveal your toner cartridge and drum.

Step 3

Grasp both sides of your toner cartridge and gently pull it upward and out of the holding tray. Hold the cartridge over the newspaper and gently shake it free of all dust. Place it on the newspaper.

Step 4

Clean out the holding tray and other areas with visible toner dust by using your vacuum's hose attachment.

Step 5

Reach into your copier and open the drum's access door. Ensure that the lights in the room are dim because bright light can damage the sensitive drum. With one hand, rotate the drum spindle to the side of the door. With your free hand, hold a microfiber cloth against the drum to clean away all of the accumulated toner dust. Continue until the drum appears clean. Close the access door.

Step 6

Wipe down the outside paneling of your copier with a damp paper towel. Keeping the outside clean will prevent dust from infiltrating the copier's internal mechanisms.

Step 7

Lift the lid of your copier and coat the document table glass with several sprays of glass cleaner. Wipe the glass dry using several paper towels.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this does not work with this model . not happy refund my payment!

I have Opted Out to allow others to assist you.....

Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

wrong post , i`m opting out

Technician: Wayde Alfarone, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Wayde Alfarone
Wayde Alfarone, Engineer

Hi my name is*****'ll try and help you today.

May I ask when you changed the cartridge?

Also, did you replace the cartridge with original Canon parts or aftermarket?

Also, just so you know, Canon issued a recall on this machine in 2006 because of a fire hazard. You may still be able to get it repaired at no charge.

Wayde Alfarone
Wayde Alfarone
Wayde Alfarone, Engineer