John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an ASUS Computer and a HP Officejet Pro L7580

Customer Question

I have an ASUS Computer and a HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One Printer .... Prnter worked great up to about two weeks ago .... colored prints now are streaked .... I changed all the inks and still streaked pictures .... I went to Tools Menu on the printer and printed report and it said if colored pictures streaked I should clean the printheads ... I did that and still streaked ... drivers are up to date ... when I print out a document in black ink it is pefect ... HELP ... any suggestions or is it time to get a new printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Since you have already attempted changing ink and automated head cleaning, lets try manual cleaning

Remove ink cartridges and turn off printer

use a cotton swab and alcohol and clean the nozzles of the ink cartridge and of the printhead

once done insert the cartridges and try printing

let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay - bu just got an emergency call from a patient and have to go - will try that as soon as I return
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

sure..let me know once you have tried and i will suggest further

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one question though - where is the print head on the computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

the printhead is that part in the carriage in which the cartridges get seated