John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Artisan 810 Ink Jet Printer. When I turn on my printer every

Customer Question

Artisan 810 Ink Jet Printer. When I turn on my printer every thing on the first screen just starts Flashing on and off. There is a message in the center of the screen that reads like this X Error A printer error has occurred. Turn Power off and then on again. For details, see your documentation or Epson.com. I then Push the power ON Button and the printer Changes screens and says Do you want to turn off the product and gives me two Choruses I can press the Yes Button or the No Button. So when I push the Yes button On my screen every thing thing goes back to the First Screen and repletes the same Message to turn off the product. It seem to be caught up in a cyclical. I finally pull the power cable out of the machine and it Stop cyclical. Then I replug the machine in and every thing stays off until I hit the on button again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Open it as if you are going to change the ink, is the carriage stuck on the right side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Turn printer off. While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.

Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.

Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries, I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.

Let me know the results either way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that it has taken this long to get back to you. OK here we go after getting your massage I did as you said and I thought that everything was going to be fine. You see I though that I would have to take the top of my machine off to get better access to work on my machine. s I removed a large black plastic part from the back of my machine. But this did not help me in gaining more room for the top of my machine to lay back. So I went around to the front of the machine and as I walked around the machine I saw the two rectangular holes in the top of the machine ( one of these holes has a green plug in it ) so I removed the green plug and started to tap here and sure enough the carriage came loose and I moved the carriage to the middle of the machine and closed the machine up. Then the machine started up to run a error massage I then remembered that large plastic part that I had removed from the back of the machine and had not put back into place. And would cause an error so I lifted the cover up to stop the printing, which it did, so I went around to the back of the machine and replaced the back Plastic part and then I closed the machine up ( I closed the top of the machine ) and I herd The carriage Slam Back into the place that I had just released it from . So I opened the case and sure enough it was stuck. In the same place, so I worked on trying to release it for about Five minutes and them I had to go to Sleep because it was getting very late,around 2:30 or 3:00 O clock AM. Now I am sorry about how long this story has been. But now the conduction of my printer is about the same as it started out when I first wrote you except that the Carriage is free-ed up DV
X Error A printer error has occurred. Turn Power off and then on again. For details, see your documentation or Epson.com. I then Push the power ON Button and the printer Changes screens and says Do you want to turn off the product and gives me two Choruses I can press the Yes Button or the No Button. So when I push the Yes button On my screen every thing thing goes back to the First Screen and repletes the same Message to turn off the product. It seem to be caught up in a cyclical. I finally pull the power cable out of the machine and it Stop cyclical. Then I replug the machine in and every thing stays off until I hit the on button again.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Do not remove any parts from the machine that will only make things worse. Repeat the steps I gave you but do not remove anything, even with it stuck all the way on the sides you should be able to reach it with your fingertips enough to wiggle it.