John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have got message on CP2025 to remove shipping lock on black

Customer Question

Have got message on CP2025 to remove shipping lock on black cartridge. I have already but error still occurs
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other things I have tried: Cartridges are HP originals
* took black cartridge out and shook to loosen ink - no good
* tried with a different new black cartridge - same error
* spray dusted 3 contacts inside printer - nothing
* cleaned contacts on new cartridge - nothing
* tried to put new black cartridge into one of the other cartridge holders but the drawer won't close
* reset to default the printer config - nothing
* put old cartridge back into printer - is works but has no ink to print with
* followed HP suggestions on their website - nothing worked
Effectively can no longer print!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Does the old toner do the same thing? Are these the HP steps you followed?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01760760

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should be clear that the old toner (the one I am replacing) is a remanufactured cartridge. The new toner cartridges I have tried are proper HP cartridges.
The old toner does not show the same error. When re-inserted back into machine it goes immediately to ready status.
Yes, the steps shown in the link you sent are the ones I have followed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

From what you just told me it sounds like the new toner cartridge is defective. Can you return it and exchange it for another? A lot of store will do this if you explain the old toner works properly. Then let me know the results either way please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sure that would not be a problem BUT I had 2 different new toner cartridges - both are HP - and both returned this error so it would be very strange if 2 new cartridges were carrying the same fault?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have the printer or toner chip replaced/modified? If you did it may not recognize genuine cartridges properly any more and would explain this. Some compatible toner cartridges come this way. In that case you would want to try another non genuine cartridge instead of a genuine one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had nothing done to or modified on the printer that I know of. It will take some days to order and get a non-HP cartridge. Is there no way of re-setting the printer to recognise genuine cartridges again?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The link you said you already followed is the only way to reset this error as it is mechanical. As I mentioned sometimes it is the toner itself that has the chip on it. You can take all the time you need to get one. To get back to me go to justanswer.com and look under my questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, OK I'll order a compatible cartridge and will come back to you when I receive it.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok