John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer is a hp8600 i am trying to replace the ink cart. but

Customer Question

printer is a hp8600 i am trying to replace the ink cart. but the printer will not move the ink box to themleft so i can install tham
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you would need a flashlight and flat head screw driver to fix the problem

turn off the printer open the cover to access the print head use the flashlight and look at a white plastic tab with a spring attached which parks the head at the extreme right hand side, try to use the screw drivers and lift the plastic tab which will release the carriage head from the locked position.