Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

The ink absorber is almost full.

Customer Question
The ink absorber is almost full.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
11/24/2015
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

Ink absorber is the part which absorbe the excess ink from the cartridges, after a print job because if the ink goes inside the printer, it will damager other parts of the printer and the printer may be damaged severely. So, it is always recommended to replace the absorbers when you get this message.

Now, the part is not a user replaceable part, so it will be best to get it replaced from any local repair shops, otherwise if you have previous experience in printers then, you can follow the steps be to empty the ink from the absorbers. The ink absorber can be replaced only by separating the print unit from the bottom case. It is not necessary to disassemble the whole engine unit.

Please remember these steps are taken fron a service manual and only followed by trained technicians, so be careful before doing this, as I will not be able help you further, if you break or loose anything while doing this.

1) Disconnect the DC harness from the logic board (right side of the machine).
2) Disconnect the ground cable from the front chassis (left side of the machine).
3) Remove a total of 6 screws that fix the switch system unit to the bottom case, and the purge drive system unit to the bottom case.
4) Slowly lift the print unit to separate it from the bottom case.
5) Remove the paper separation slope, since a portion of the ink absorber lies under it.
6) Replace the ink absorber. Confirm that the replaced new ink absorber completely fits in place and is not lifted or dislocated, especially under the pump.
7) While being cautious of the ink tube and each harness location, return the print unit to the bottom case, and fasten the screws (6 screws removed in step 2).
8) Properly arrange and connect the harnesses, install the scanner unit, and attach the document pressure plate unit and external housing.

If you want to and able to repair the printer at home then, follow the steps below to reset the absorber counter follow the steps below.

1. Make sure the printer is turned off.
  2. Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  3. Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  4. Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  5. Release the Power button.
  6. Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
  7. Turn off the printer and then turn it on again
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer