Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a KM C360 Bizhub and the screen shows the message

Customer Question

I have a KM C360 Bizhub and the screen shows the message "ADF not available at this time". Have tried just about everything and checked all connections but cannot get ADF to work. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may have to load a document into the ADF before it is 'available'.

Check your settings - sometimes incompatible combinations of settings can result in that message, on occasion.

What is the situation? what operation are you trying to perform?

Have you set the Paper Size to scan or photocopy, to an overly large size of paper? if so, that might make the ADF not-available owing to its being designed to scan only some sizes of paper, and the set paper size having exceeded that of the ADF's capacity, it may have disabled the ADF, that way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I wasn't doing anything. We had to unplug the machine to move it and when we plugged it back in the screen always shows the same message: "ADF is currently not available." Putting documents on the ADF (DF-617) doesn't even register. In fact, opening the left side panel used to clear misfeeds doesn't register on the screen as a component being open so I'm thinking that the copier doesn't know that the ADF is even connected. However, I have checked and re-checked the cable from the ADF to the copier multiple times, even cleaning the plug with compressed air but still nothing. There is no in-line fuse so I don't know why the unit would not be showing as having power but that is the only thing which makes sense since nothing I do to the ADF even registers on the control screen. I have power-cycled the copier multiple times including leaving the ADF unconnected, then connected--basically every combination. Is there anything else which may be causing the copier to not recognize that the ADF is connected? Is there a test to determine if the copier knows if the ADF is connected? Starting to get really frustrated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since we can only communicate by messaging, I will share some more thoughts: On a decision tree analysis we need to determine if the copier knows that the ADF is connected. If the answer is NO, and I have confirmed that the unit is plugged into the correct receptacle and is free of dirt and debris, and have examined the cables and the plug and have found no problem, is there any other reason why the unit is not being recognized? If the answer is YES, then is there any other reason why the ADF would not be "available"? The rest of the copier appears to be working fine but without the ADF many of the basic functions of the copier are unusable since manual copying one page at a time is not realistic. Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Since the problem happened when it was moved or after it was moved, I would have to ask whether it was moved roughly at all, and I would say that some board relating to ADF control, possibly the board that it plugs into, is in need of reseating.