Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Tell me, step by step, how to connect my Windows 8-equipped

Customer Question

Tell me, step by step, how to connect my Windows 8-equipped laptop wirelessly to my Canon Pixma MX492 printer without a router. I already have the software installed. The printer was working fine until I decided to make photocopies. Now its signal no longer
shows up for me to connect to and print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Please let me know that prior to photocpy, were you able to print fine on wifi mode

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked fine. It showed up as a thing to connect to, just like my wifi internet. Now that option is gone.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

is your laptop connected to internet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an icon that shows up now. It's called Canon_ij-Setup. When I connect to it it won't let me print, though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canon_ij_Setup
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

open control panel..device and printers..does the printer icon show up there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok..click on add printer option on top

then in the add printer wizrad that opens..click next follow ons creen steps to add a wireless\network printer

let me know if your canon printer gets detected or not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says no devices found
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually... hang on a second
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yep, the icon that had been listed among the wifi connections is not there anymore
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok it seems that the printer needs to be reconfigured

you will have to reinstall the printer setup...

let me give you the link..give me a moment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to retire for the night... if you could leave the link and instructions I will gladly pay your fee... you actually helped me in September with this same issue.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

click here

in page that opens windows 8 should be selected as operating system..scroll down a bit click on drivers tab and click on full driver software package

select and download

save and run the file

once the installation completes you should be able to install on wireless mode and print fine

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you face any difficulty

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you may try the steps tommorrow and let me know if you face nay problem and i will asisst you further

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that didn't work. I try connecting it wirelessly and it won't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, Michelle, I'm actually just going to get a new printer... is there an option to pay you at least something, like maybe $10 for your trouble?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if you wish we can remote connect and install the printer

let me know if you need further assistance from me and i will be glad to assist

if you wish to compensate me for my time and effort you may provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit.