Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Today is the first time my recently purchased Epson XP-420

Customer Question

Today is the first time my recently purchased Epson XP-420 printer has needed the black toner cartridge replaced. I went to your instructions online. My printer does not have an ink icon as your instructions tell me to use, but I was able to use the very incomplete instructions on the tiny screen. I did put in the new cartridge, and it went in completely to the level of the other color cartridges. There was not an actual "click" feel, but I pushed as hard as I could. Now the tiny screen does not seem to recognize that the new cartridge is in. but after a short time, the set of cartridges did go back to the right, and the screen said to wait while ink was filling. Now the screen tells me again that it is time to put in the cartridge.
Prior to putting it in I did shake the cartridge as instructed. The cartridge did have a small yellow tape that said "pull" which I pulled off before inserting it into the printer.
Epson online instructions say that as long as the power light is blinking, not to turn it off to reboot.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will help you with your problem. Did you purchase an official Epson replacement cartridge? The cartridge must click into place to be recognized by your printer. You can remove and install on of the color cartridges to see how the black cartridge should feel.

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!