Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I just bought a canon MG7720, it prints from my iphone but

Customer Question

I just bought a canon MG7720, it prints from my iphone but not from my imac lap top I registered the product. When I use the "file" and print option it does not even find it If I uses "system preference" this printer shows up but it will not print????????
please,,,help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on About this Mac.., then tell me your Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, etc.?

Did you install any printer's driver / software?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10.11.1

Thank you. After getting this printer, did you download or install any driver / software on the computer for this printer? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my laptop has no cd drive. my iphone can read the printer right now and prints, my laptop even when it reads the printer right on system preferences does not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what shall i do next..

Thank you. For laptop, it requires downloading / installing the printer's driver. Please try the following fix:

- In System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners, if the Canon printer is in the list, then click on it, then click on the - (minus) button and delete it for now

, then download and install the printer's driver file "mcpd-mac-mg7700-13_5_0_0-ea21_3.dmg" at the website below:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0100006728/01/mcpd-mac-mg7700-13_5_0_0-ea21_3.dmg

, then in System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners, click on the + (plus) button at the bottom left, then click on Add printers or scanners....

, then it should detect your canon wireless printer, then select it with the kind Bonjour...

, then for the Use option, make sure Canon MG7700 series... is selected

, then Add

, then check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.