Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I'm trying to get my pixma MX882 back on network after a

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to get my pixma MX882 back on network after a router change but it isn't recognizing the wireless lan even though I know the information I have entered is correct
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI, I figured it out while waiting for your answer! Thank you anyway!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I think that you deserve some sort of answer to your question, even if it is a bit late.

When a router in a local network is changed, it often has a new base address. (The base address of the router is seen, on any computer connected to it, as the 'Default Gateway' address listed by the

ipconfig

command, when that command is executed in a Command Prompt window.)

If the base address of the new router is different from what the old router had, then the printer configured to be printable to, through that router or on that local network's old address, will become inaccessible.

The cure is to either set the router to the old router's base address, or to set the printer appropriately to the new router, and reinsall the printer's drivers on every computer... which is a lot more work than the former possible fix, obviously.

I hope you found the easier solution. Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.