Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I purchased HP Officejet Pro 6830. I did the installation

Customer Question

I purchased HP Officejet Pro 6830. I did the installation and ran the CD for the software. I am able to print documents from Microsoft Office but not from my email. When I clicked on the HP Support Icon, it said my installation was not complete.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I will be glad to help with the issue.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

The software may not have completed setup and require a restart.

Restart your computer and then login to see if you can print from your email.

If that does not work, sometimes the latest printer drivers are needed.

Download and install the printer drivers using this link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390307/model/5390308

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Let me know which solution worked for you.

Thank you for using our service. Please rate my answer below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I connected to the link for adding a printer driver and followed the instructions. I was confused when it got to using a claim code. I do not need HP Connected for any of the features and declined. I, also, received a message "add a device". I tried printing from my email and it still failed. I am quite frustrated at this time and find this install very confusing and not easy at all. I am ready to return the printer to Staples!!!!!! Instead of offering service to your customers, you want to charge for everything. I find this very frustrating.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

The link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390307/model/5390308

should take you directly to the download page. Then click on the download button and be able to directly download the latest printer driver.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the second time I went to the link to add a printer driver and I hit download and when it finished I still couldn't print from my email. Why is this so difficult? What am I missing?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Just to verify, when you print, double check that the correct printer is displayed in the Print Box.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Should show the name of your printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it shows "FAX HP Officejet Pro 6830. It is getting late here in Michigan and I have an early morning appointment tomorrow. So, I have to stop troubleshooting. I hope I will not be charged for this.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

I will open the question so other experts can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the name of printer to HP Officejet Pro 6830 from Fax HP Officejet Pro 6830 and now it is printing from my email.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am sorry that you are having a frustrating experience with this problem. My name is***** am here to help. Actually, the previous expert has discovered your problem, but you just haven't realized it yet. You reported that the name in the print box shows "FAX HP OfficeJet Pro 6830". THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT NAME FOR YOUR PRINTER

Hi. I see that you have already realized what the problem was and have corrected it on your own.

You can make your printer the Default Printer, so that it is automatically selected in every application. If you want to know how to do this please let me know whether you are using a pc or a mac computer.

If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know.

IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.