Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a Canon Printer MG3500. I just moved. I disconnected

Customer Question

I have a Canon Printer MG3500. I just moved. I disconnected my printer when I moved and connected it back and it isn't working. The instructions on my computer told me to connect the printer with a USB cord so that problems could be detected. All I keep getting for a message is that the printer is "offline". The printer is on, but it won't print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was the printer working previously via wireless? Or via USB cable connection to the computer?

Did you also get a new Internet modem/router device?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My printer was working previously via wireless. I id not get a new internet modem/router device. I have Windows 7.

What's the status of the wi-fi/wireless light / icon on the printer?

Can you click on Start -> Devices and Printers, then click on the option Add a printer at the top, then click on the network/wireless... option, then tell me if it detects any Canon printer with some numbers on the right of it.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wifi wireless light is on--I believe it's a small blue light.
I am not having any luck w/detecting a Canon Printer. Do I need to disconnect the USB cable and connect to the wifi. I was using the USB cable because the internet instructions were telling me to do so. Could this be why I am not able to locate the Canon printer when following your "start>devices and printers instructions?

Yes, please disconnect the USB Cable from printer and check

, then disconnect power cord(s) from the internet/wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect

, then turn on printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn on

, then wait a few minutes, then click on Start -> Devices and Printers, then click on the option Add a printer at the top, then click on the network/wireless... option, then tell me if it detects any Canon printer with some numbers on the right of it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed all of your instructions but there's no cannon printer with numbers anywhere

Sorry, can you go to Start\Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center and let me know if it shows Public network or Work network or Home network there? If it does not show Home network, then click on it, then select Home network, then do this one more time: Click on Start -> Devices and Printers, then click on the option Add a printer at the top, then click on the network/wireless... option, then tell me if it detects any Canon printer with some numbers on the right of it.

Also, what's the brand/model of your Internet modem/router device? Please check at the back/bottom of it. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. Let me provide another solution if it still does not work:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer.
  2. Click on Start\Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features, and uninstall the Canon driver program there.
  3. Click on Start\Devices and Printers, and if you still see any Canon printer there, then right-click on it, and remove it for now.
  4. Download and install the MG3500 series Full Driver & Software Package at the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg3520/

, once installation is finished successfully, then check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.