Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

How to connect Dell Studio 15 laptop to Dell AIO 946 printer

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. I would love to assist you. I need only know the Operating System that you are using?

Windows 8 or Win 8.1 or 7 or Vista or? Also, is it the 32 bit or 64bit version of the program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vista but I do not know the answer to the bit question

That is OK because the page can detect your version of Windows. Please follow this LINK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O still have not been able to resolve the printer issue, I went to the dell home support web link you sentence but the system detect could not find my device so I could not get the proper printer driver. I tried this numerous times using my Service Tag number but it still did not work.

Is your version of Windows the 32 or 64 bit of Windows??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it is the 64 bit version. I followed the link you provided to get to the Dell support home page. I proceeded to the link to get to the driver link. The system tried to detect my system using my service tag number. However, it could not find my system.As a result, I am still not able to connect my Dell Studio 15 to the Dell 946 AIO printer.

Please do the following:

Check for operating system info in Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Click the Start button , enter Computer in the search box, right-click Computer, and then click Properties. Look under Windows edition for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep getting messages from you to rate you and your services. However, I have sent messages back to you saying I can't rate you because my issue has NOT been resolved yet.Please contact me ASAP regarding my unresolved issue.

I can understand that Sir or Madam. Now it is taking days for you to reply to me. So, I will Opt out to allow others to assist you...

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Please ignore the rating box Van Magnus sent I have no way to turn it off or I would. On your computer click on the windows start button. Then right click on computer here, in the right click menu choose properties. The window that opens will say what version of windows you have as well as if it is 32 or 64bit. Please let me know what it says there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have previously responded to the other technician and told him it is the 64 bit version. I verified this information using the steps you provided in your response,