Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I need to downgrade my Windows 10 64 bit to 32 bit. I

Customer Question

I need to downgrade my Windows 10 64 bit to 32 bit. I already downloaded the 32 bit version of the program. It didn't work though. Does it have to something to do with trying to burn the .iso from a 64 bit machine? The laptop is a 64 bit machine, but I
need the 32 bit version in order to use an older laser printer that doesn't offer a 64 bit driver.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. This machine is not compatible with either 32 or 64bit versions of 10. Are you trying to revert to your previous version of windows?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I was attempting to revert to the 32 bit version of Windows 10 and the use a compatibility version of an earlier 32 bit driver.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That would not work and as I mentioned you would not need to change anyway. The 64bit version of windows can run 32bit programs and drivers. It does not work the other way around meaning the 32bit version can not run 64bit drivers and software. Either way though this machine is not compatible at all in either version in any way even with compatibility settings. Do you want help reverting to your old version of windows assuming that was compatible?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wasn't. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and if you need help finding a compatible printer I would be happy to help you. I work on all brands and models. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.