Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have an HP 6520 photosmart. How do I print photos in the

Customer Question

I have an HP 6520 photosmart. How do I print photos in the small print section?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What results you get from trying to photo-print, depends upon what application or program or app you are using, on your computer.

There are programs that are adapted to printing photos, on inkjet printers especially, that make the process somewhat easier.

For HP, these programs are not clearly defined, but some programs are much better than others.

So tell me, what program are you trying to print photos from? if just 'from Windows' or from Windows Fax and Photo Viewer, or Windows Photo Viewer, those may not be the best/easiest with which to get good results.

Try using MS Paint (located in various places depending upon your Windows version, but findable in every case with a brief search on

Paint

in whatever Search utility your Windows version has...) - load a photo into it, go to the

File - Print

function, and try selecting

Print Preview

before sending the photo to the printer, in order to see just how it ought to come out on the paper, in a preview mode view of the print job.

Also good for printing photos, you need to

1. load the photo paper properly into the printer, and

2. select the right, matching, photo paper stock Size (or, Paper Size), as well as the

3. Paper Source (or paper tray, or location where the paper stock is loaded for photo printing)

4. and also look in the printer's driver settings, for the Paper Stock or Paper Size or Paper Source settings, all of which should be set properly before attempting photo printing.

In Windows, the printer's driver settings are located in

Control Panel - Devices and Printers,

right-click upon your printer's icon and select Properties from the small menu that will appear, then those Properties for the printer are called the printer's driver settings.

Once you are done adjusting the printer's driver settings properly, click on OK to close and save the Properties, before sending a print job.