Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a printer error Support cODE c000 WHICH HAS NOT

Customer Question

I have a printer error Support cODE c000 WHICH HAS NOT CLEARED WHEN I SWITCH PRINTER OFF. tHERE ARE NO DOCS IN PRINTER QUEUE
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the complete model number of the printer?

Initially, this C000 is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb). This is not in any way related to the computer or connection.

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem still exists
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Again, I'd need the complete model number of the printer to give any more specific advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CANON MX926
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

You may carefully repeat the earlier steps once more.

Beyond that, the persistence of the error message would indicate an internal fault, which would ultimately require repairs to correct.

While it can be fixed, it will not be worthwhile to do so. As this is a 2013 model, it is at/past its 3 year service life at this point and is not a practical investment - repairs would run you $200+, while you can get a brand new model with a fresh warranty for about $80.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1Md4aNC

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.