Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Canon mp970 does not turn on. I swapped power cord.

Customer Question
my Canon mp970 does not...
my Canon mp970 does not turn on. I swapped power cord. Nothing. I connected it to an extension cord which was powering a lit lamp so I was certain that power was available. Nothing. Just before it failed it was printing with only some of the colors. A cleaning had no effect. Neither did a deep cleaning. The it shut itself down and would not respond. No lights, nothing.
What do I do? Is there a reset switch? I can buy a new Canon MG7520 for $72.95, so please DO NOT provide an answer Nor charge me unless the Total Cost (including your fee, shipping, ...) will be less than $72.00
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
11/5/2015
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 2 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Unfortunately that means the power supply or the motherboard is defective, and to replace those you would probably spend more than $72. I found a Canon MG5620 for $47.99 after 20% off using code 20NOW. Free Shipping as well. Click here to see it ====> Canon MG5620 for $47.99 and free shipping <=== Click Here

Remember to use promo code 20NOW to get that price before paying.

Sir/Madam, I know you would like a quick solution on this, and I would love nothing better than to get you one, but if your printer is not in warranty then it is not worth repairing it.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

this is a worthless answer I already know how to find another printer . in fact the one I mentioned above is a far superior printer to the one you found I have spent several days searching and I know about all the printers that are available . I need an answer which told me how to do something with this printer . contacting you was certainly a total waste of money

Sir/Madam, I know you would like a quick solution on this, and I would love nothing better than to get you one, but according to my experience, this printer has a defective power supply or circuit board, unfortunately.

John, Computer Science Engineer