Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

How much do you charge?

Customer Question

How much do you charge?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem. Please explain the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I completed a scan a couple of weeks ago and now I get an error message everything I try to scan anything. I have a canoscan9000F and the error message is internal error code 5,202,54 the program is then frozen. The only thing that has changed on this computer is that I downloaded Windows 10
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you must have not updated the driver software for windows 10 thats is the reason its not working.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

What was the early windows version and was it working fine earlier?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i constantly get driver update alerts and have uploaded every one.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

uninstall the existing driver which might be corrupted or bad due to which the scanner is not working.

Try removing it from the drivers list and restart the computer and install the latest driver to make the scanner work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I do that? I am also getting a message from HP saying that the scanner has lost the network. It is hard wired and not on WIFI
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($30). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not want remote access
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

not a problem.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

uninstall the existing driver.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me how to do that?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

power off the scanner and unplug it, i believer it connected to a usb port, is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it is plugged into the back of the computer and a wall plug
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

unplug the usb cable and check if its connected fine on both ends computer and scanner side.g

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know the operating system you have on the computer its windows or mac and i would need the version of the os as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is windows 10
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

32 or 64 bit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10 pro - 64 bit
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

type in the cortana search box devices and printers and click on it you will see the scanner right click and uninstall it.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

reboot the computer after removing the device and then we will reinstall the driver after you are back in windows screen after the reboot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will I not have to get out of this chat to reboot?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes and to reconnect back all you have to do is open justanswer email from your inbox and click on the button view my answer the chat will relaunch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay. The scanner is gone and I am rebooting.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

alright.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have rebooted
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok now i will give you the driver link to download hold on please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will there be instructions there?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

open the link and then click on drivers and softwares it will autodetect your operating system the you click on the drivers link and click on the driver listed in to download once the download is over you will get a run button to click on click on it and install it on screen instructions will help you finish it.

Turn on the scanner when you are installing the driver.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

This should take care of the issue.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

If you need remote assistance i can offer you a discounted rate or $20.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that worked. Thank you
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit.

Thank you.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Dont forget to leave a review.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

about my service.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again for using our service.