Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My printer Hl2140 serial C8J481296 - The Drum and error

Customer Question
light are both on. How do...
My printer Hl2140 serial C8J481296 - The Drum and error light are both on.
How do I fix - I have just loaded a new Ink Cartridge ?
***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
10/31/2015
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 2 years ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the error, I know that these errors can be a pain to fix. This error means that the Corona Wire must be cleaned. Please follow the instructions below;

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2170w_all&faqid=faq00000208_021

Or use this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rpxgOttp4g

Chime in and let me know of your results.

Cleaning the wire does not solve the problem !!!!!!

Please note, since this did not work. We have other steps to try. Thank you for getting back to me..

Please follow the steps below:

HL PRINTER SERIES:

1.Remove the drum unit and toner cartridge. Wait 1 minute.
2.Replace the drum unit and toner cartridge into printer.
3.The Drum LED continues to blink if the drum counter was not reset when you replaced the drum. We need to reset this now!
4.Open the front cover of the printer
5.Press and hold down Go button for about 4 seconds until all the LEDs light up.
6.Once all 4 LEDs are lit, release the Go button
7.Close the front cover.
8.Your drum is now reset.

I have followed your procedure and it still will not work***** *****

Try this HACK and let me know if it works.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Brother-HL-2140-Toner-Life-End-Error-Hack/

I do not wish to keep going - It seems that as I am 92 years old I can not afford to spend any more money because I do not think you can fix the problem. It seems the answer is to buy a new printer. Thank you for trying BUT you could not solve the problemHave a nice Day***** *****

Sorry that I could not resolve this issue for you. Please take your printer to Staples or Best Buy if in the USA for service. I will Opt Out to allow others to work with you...

John, Computer Science Engineer