Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have an Epson WF-4630. I am trying to use it to print

Customer Question

I have an Epson WF-4630. I am trying to use it to print greeting cards. Each time I print the solid background on the front of the card has streaks in it. I have tried the nozzle cleaning, cleaning the print heads, and realigning the print heads. Is there some way to stop the streaks and get a solid background?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Please print this page on a normal sheet of paper and let me know what comes out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It printed clearly although the top half of your name was missing and there were no colors since my printer is set to print emails in black and white. My problem appears to be with the cyan color.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Can you turn off the black and white option to test please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know what it does when you print this page after turning that off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not printing the boxes around call me or send
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is not a good sign and could mean you have a failing part that needs to be replaced.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the ink cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same problem
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi i am rob and i can try to help you.

first of all while i love that printer it is designed for business use rather than graphics. It may not print a solid page all that well. I don't know how bad the printing actually is so i cant tell you if it would be normal or not

you say the issue is with the cyan. will it print a solid background in another color ?

assuming the problem is with the cyan. You can try another cartridge. But it would probably be a clogged print head. They arent that easy to clean on that printer. Some printers you can just take the print head out and wash it or replace it but not the epsons. getting the print head out in those is a royal pain.

you can try the automatic cleaning routine 2 or 3 times. sometimes that works when one time doesnt.

this video has some things that you can try on a similar model. But it gets kind of complicated. Its up to you whether you want to try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFmEvEGM7E4

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This needs a hands on printer expert. I am not satisfied with your answers. I will not pay any charges. This is not what I signed on for.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

how exactly did you expect us to put our hands on your printer through a website chat ?

i will opt out and you can request a refund by emailing***@******.*** there seems to be a miscommunication as to exactly what is possible through this website.