Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a epson R2000. Had it years, barely use it. Now it

Customer Question

Hello, I have a epson R2000. Had it for two years, barely use it. Now it will not grab paper through feed. please help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think the first thing to try on this problem is to reset the printer (see below).

Then, if after that it continues the defective behavior, then (since it is often feeding paper through, but then not printing upon it) you would need to go through an uninstall-restart-reinstall procedure for the printer's driver.

Information needed for that procedure's details to be correct:

What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?

Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it?

(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)

To reset the printer:

- while it is On, unplug it, sharply and suddenly.

- leave it that way for 10 minutes (or longer.)

- turn it Off (if the power switch is still On), and plug it in to the power again after that time.

- turn it On if needed, see if it now behaves properly.

( If the reset, and the uninstall-reinstall (the procedure whose details I have yet to present) both fail to help, there's another procedure, roller cleaning, that can be tried, if it would make the feeding in of paper more reliable. )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Russell,
Thank you for answering my question. The R2000 has only one print roller on the right hand side. I cleaned it with plain water, then used like a light soap and cleaned it again and let it dry. Uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them. The printer started working again but after about five prints the roller started having trouble again grabbing the paper to feed it through. I don't know. I have fifty invitations to print like yesterday. The paper is thick and the print properties are set for photo paper. I do not know what to do. I am now helping by feeding the paper by pushing it through when it is time to grab the paper. This is a nightmare. Such an expensive machine and it is only used for special projects. However, thank y
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you for your help.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

It is more usual to refresh to Paper Pickup rollers, or paper feed rollers, by using rubbing alcohol on a rag cloth, and rubbing their paper-contacting surfaces three times over, firmly, then allowing 5 minutes for drying time.

However, though it is good that you cleaned the rollers in any acceptable fashion... still a detail bothers me: how can you have only one roller on the right side? the other one may be missing! please look carefully to see whether there is a space for a roller that might be missing, correspondingly and symmetrically to the one on the right, but on the left side of the spindle, mounting, or space of the roller on the right.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Russell,I will do that. I will check to see if the other roller is missing. Didn't think about that.
Thank you so much. That just may be the problem. I finished the invitations, had to individually feed each paper. I will let you know if there is a roller missing.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Let me know, at your convenience.

(If you are done with the case, though, please rate my Answer, so that the case may be closed. Thanks.)