Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit and I get the PCAT.dll is

Customer Question

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit and I get the PCAT.dll is missing from my computer. I can not seem to fix this error.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Exactly when do you get this error? And what has stopped working since it appeared?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i want to scan a document and click on the "MfTBox". The printer works properly otherwise. I believe that I might of erase some files when I was trying to get rid of some applications of add ons like PalKan search engine etc.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, when did you do this (erase the files)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 days ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that i need to re-install windows 7 Professional.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, we have other options before doing that.

Can you close all programs

Click start, type in

system restore

Press enter

Follow the onscreen instructions and perform a system restore choosing a restore date from before 2 days ago

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still get the error please.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.