Please try each of the followings until it works:
- Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners, then click on the printer HL-3170 there, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left, and delete it for now
, then download / install the file Brother_PrinterDrivers_ColorLaser_4_1_0.dmg at the Brother website below:
, then check printing a web page
; (if needed, make sure the printer HL-3170 is powered on, then click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners, then click on the + (plus), then select the printer HL-3170, and add it, then check printing.)
- In Safari application, click on Safari menu at the top, then click on Preferences...
- Click on the "Privacy" tab at the top.
- Click the "Remove All Website Data..." button.
- Click the "Remove Now" button when prompted.
- Click on Safari menu at the top, then click on Quit Safari, then wait a bit, then re-open Safari, then check printing.
- Download / install the Google Chrome application at the website below:
, then go to a website in the Chrome application, then see if you can print fine in the Chrome application.
- Disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet/wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect
, then turn off the printer HL-3170, then disconnect the power cord from it for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn on, then wait a few minutes
, then try printing a document from the Macbook laptop first, then print a website in Safari and/or in Chrome application.
- Click on the apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
- Hold down the Control key as you click in the printer list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears, and confirm. (Or right-click on a printer on the list, then click on Reset printing system, and confirm.)
After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.
Click on the + (plus) button to add back each of your printers.
- Check printing.
Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.