Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My printers work but the scanners quit working awhile back.

Customer Question
I tried backstep/restore but to...
I tried backstep/restore but to no avail. Pretty sure I have a setting that is not letting the scanner find my computer. But unsure what to do to fix it. This is on the Brother MFC-J5520DW
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
10/19/2015
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Are you able to scan from the computer itself?

Do you have the ControlCenter program on the computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Windows 8.1
Not able to scan from the computer.
Not sure what ControlCenter program is. Do not have it on this computer

How did you reload the drivers? Did you use the printer's CD disk or did you download from the Brother website?

Can you type controlcenter at the Start screen mode and check?

Please let me know. Thank you.

I used the CD provided in the box by Brother.I also had trouble with scanning from my two HP 6835 printers. Never did get them to scan so I disconnected them from the network.I do have documents in a folder called Control Center 4

How about the program called ControlCenter? When typing controlcenter at Start screen mode, what happens? thank you.

When I type it in the ControlCenter nothing really happens. Several items pull up. Intel Control Center, Control Panel, etc.

Sorry. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Am I missing the Control Center Program for Brother. Because that comes up as a possible item.Not really comfortable doing a remote support session. Nothing personal.

I'm sorry, with remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is a lot quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Otherwise, we will troubleshoot here.

At the Desktop screen mode, do you see the CC4 icon at the bottom right corner? If needed, there, click on the small arrow icon first.

Please let me know. Thank you.

the CC4 icon is there.

Open the CC4 icon, then can you scan in the CC4 (ControlCenter4) program? Please let me know. Thank you.

I tried but my printer isn't listed as an option. One of the other Brother printers on the network is listed but my computer won't let it scan to it.

Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type services.msc then click OK, then scroll down, then open the item called Windows Imaging Acquisition, then at the Services status, does it show Started or Stopped?

Does it give any error or message when scanning?

Open the Paint program (or program Windows Fax and Scan), are you able to scan there?

Thank you.

It shows it is running.
The scanner says "no PC is found on the network. Check if your PC and this machine are connected to the same network".
This is connected as I have no trouble printing.
Unable to scan with "Windows fax and scan"

No, don't try scanning from the printer, but try scanning from the CC4 program on the computer, then what does it say? Please let me know. Thank you.

The CC4 program doesn't list my printer.
Can I contact you tomorrow? I have to leave for the day.

Sorry, can you uninstall all Brother programs from Control Panel, then restart the computer, then do not use the printer's CD disk, but download / install the full driver/software at the Brother website below and check:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj5520dw_us

Yes, we can continue tomorrow at this webpage, and/or if you are available tonight, we can continue tonight also. Thank you.

John, Computer Science Engineer