Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My Canon Pixma printer will not operate. I turn it off (as

Customer Question

My Canon Pixma printer will not operate. I turn it off (as directed) and turn on again. Immediately, the same statement (in red) appears atop the little window:
"Support Code 6000" Then "turn printer off, back on, if problem persists, contact Support.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

This is a "line Feed Error" signal which can be cause by many things. Most of the time it is the result of a small bit of paper still jammed in the feed rollers,..or someone dropped something in the paper path,...like a paper clip or staple, or rubber band or a cat toy. Open the cover and when the head comes to the center pull out the power cord. Now you can move the carriage to the far left and examine the paper path. Remove the rear turn around door and use a flashlight to examine every part you can see. Use the light to examine the purge unit area looking for a jam. Move the carriage to the far right and use the light to look at the timing disk inside the cover on the far left. It should still be there and vertical. If you want more information and testing, click the link below and follow the steps.

http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.in/2010/12/error-6000-on-canon-printers.html