MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a Lexmark Pro 205, It keeps telling me I have a jam.

Customer Question

I have a Lexmark Pro 205 , It keeps telling me I have a jam. I have taken the back section off and found nothing, and have checked the feed and it is clear. However, it still doesn't print, because of the invisible jam. help
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your printer?

Also did this happen just after a power outage or storm?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure how old the printer is. Maybe 6 or so years. Always functioned well. No storm or power outage before malfunction. I think I may have cleared it yesterday. The print head was not moving smoothly and it looks as if it is starting to work smoother. I stopped playing with it, letting it rest till today. I may not need your help. It has been replaced with a new printer anyway. Was just frustrated I couldn't figure it our.

Hi that would be fine, but if you need me please ask me, and don't forget to rat emy service before you go and we can close this for you;-)

No cos to rate.

Have a nice weekend.

Tech Mike ;-)