Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My name is and its about scanning with my epson wf-3640 in

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** its about scanning with my epson wf-3640 in windows 10
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i can print from my computer with the printer over network but when i go to scan it cant see my computer since i installed windows 10 says connection error
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working with this printer previously on this windows 10 computer?
Was there any change to your computer or internet modem/router device or printer, etc. that may have caused this issue?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will i be charged every month?

No, monthly support subscription is only optional; this is a one-time support session per your request.
Was scanning working with this printer previously on this windows 10 computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can we get back to chat to try and fix the problem?

Remote support is a lot quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403
Otherwise, I can provide written instructions; this will take longer, so bear with you.
Was wireless scanning working on this Windows 10 computer previously?
What happens when you open the EPSON Scan program on the computer to scan?
Please let me know your option. We guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it was working with windows 7 now after i've installed windows 10 it doesn't work... yes scan will work when i open the scan on windows 10

Thank you for replying back. Have you tried anything on Windows 10?
Or would you like to use the EPSON Scan program on the computer in order to scan?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. Let me provide a possible solution you can try whenever you are available.

- If you do not want to scan from the computer, but to scan from the printer, then please do the following:

1. Right-click on the Start button (which is the Windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel, then open Programs / Programs and Features

, then there, uninstall all the Epson driver / program you see, if any.

2. Restart the computer.

3. Right-click on the Start button, then click on Control Panel, then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers

, then there, if you still see any Epson item there, then right-click on it and remove it for now.

4. Click on the Epson website below:

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=232592&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads

, then there, download and install the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package

, make sure the printer is powered on during installation, and make sure to select the wireless / network... option when prompted during installation

, then scanning should work fine.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you,