Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

I am running a MacBook Pro, Yosemite 10.10.2 and an Epson XP

Customer Question

Hello, I am running a MacBook Pro, Yosemite 10.10.2 and an Epson XP 810 wireless printer/scanner. It has worked flawlessly until the latest Epson "required" update. Now all scanning functions have stopped. I have re-downloaded and installed the latest software from Epson, to include the scanner drivers and event manager drivers, restarted the computer, unplugged and restarted the printer. Deleted the printer from the preference list and reinstalled it after each of the downloads and installations. I remain able to print only. The scan "option" appears nowhere. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thx-
Joe
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

Did you try to scan, using the default program of MAC ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the scanner functions are not recognized. Only the printer functions are recognized. I have installed the printer/scanner under both "Bonjour" and TCP/IP (together and separately) and no scanner functions are accessible.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now at work for the next 3 days from 9am to 11 pm and will not be available. I will be able to provide a phone call on Thursday, 15 October

That will work for me. When you are ready to continue, come back to this page and let me know when you are ready. Do not create a new question or anything. Just come back to this page, log in, and post a message. You can also just click the link that was sent to your email from this site.

I will be standing by,

Jason