WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

When I try to print from iPhoto on Canon MG5420 comes up

Customer Question

when I try to print from iPhoto on Canon MG5420 comes up with Support code 1007 when I did put 4x6 photo paper in the cassette. ALso tried regular paper and came up with the same error code. When I print from pages there is no problem. It did work a couple times but the image was too large for 4x6 paper even though I selected 4x6 on iphoto.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’ll be glad to help with the printer issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Standing by….
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

This problem can be caused by using the incorrect driver that is installed on your computer.

For a workaround, a fix is to convert the image you are trying to print and convert it to a PDF then print the PDF as that size.

Also, update your printer driver by downloading and installed the driver from this site:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg5420#DriversAndSoftware

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you hold on while I download and install the driver and try to print again?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Sure. No problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I successfully installed and tried again but still came up with same error msg. how do I convert to pdf?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

If you have an option to print to PDF, you can try to print and change the printer to PDF if that is installed.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

If you don't have that option, then install this utility to create a PDF printer.

http://www.cutepdf.com/

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Also, some applications have a "Save As" function that might convert to PDF.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
finally got it to print from pdf but not in right proportions - too big for 4x6. Will try again.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

The printer driver does not detect it correctly, I've been reading that this model has issues printing 4x6.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems like when I save to pdf it will print but not right proportions. When I set the proportions in iPhoto and then preview in pdf it comes up with same error.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a special download for macs? i didn't check.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

I can verify you downloaded the correct driver, what version of OS do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mountain Lion OS x 10.8.5. Noticed 3 other drivers that I could download from the Canon web page but they don't seem applicable to printing photos. Should I download those too?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

I'll check. one moment please

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Download and install this driver MG5400 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 11.7.1.0 (OS X)

from: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg5420#DriversAndSoftware

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in process….
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still doesn't work with iPhoto or pdf.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rollers seem to work for 8.5 x 11 but is there maintenance I need to do so that the printer picks up the 4x6 photo paper?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
even so, it does not print the right image size.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still with me or have you given up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Sorry. I was looking for additional support for you. I will open the question so other experts can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks. How long do you think it will take? Concerned if I log off, won't be able to contact you again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking forward to a response via email. Thanks.