Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

When I try to print from iPhoto on Canon MG5420 comes up

Customer Question
with Support code 1007 when...
when I try to print from iPhoto on Canon MG5420 comes up with Support code 1007 when I did put 4x6 photo paper in the cassette. ALso tried regular paper and came up with the same error code. When I print from pages there is no problem. It did work a couple times but the image was too large for 4x6 paper even though I selected 4x6 on iphoto.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
10/10/2015
Technician: WesPCDr, Technician replied 2 years ago
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician

Hi, I’ll be glad to help with the printer issue.

Standing by….

This problem can be caused by using the incorrect driver that is installed on your computer.

For a workaround, a fix is to convert the image you are trying to print and convert it to a PDF then print the PDF as that size.

Also, update your printer driver by downloading and installed the driver from this site:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg5420#DriversAndSoftware

Will you hold on while I download and install the driver and try to print again?

Sure. No problem.

I successfully installed and tried again but still came up with same error msg. how do I convert to pdf?

If you have an option to print to PDF, you can try to print and change the printer to PDF if that is installed.

If you don't have that option, then install this utility to create a PDF printer.

http://www.cutepdf.com/

Also, some applications have a "Save As" function that might convert to PDF.

finally got it to print from pdf but not in right proportions - too big for 4x6. Will try again.

The printer driver does not detect it correctly, I've been reading that this model has issues printing 4x6.

seems like when I save to pdf it will print but not right proportions. When I set the proportions in iPhoto and then preview in pdf it comes up with same error.
is there a special download for macs? i didn't check.

I can verify you downloaded the correct driver, what version of OS do you have?

Mountain Lion OS x 10.8.5. Noticed 3 other drivers that I could download from the Canon web page but they don't seem applicable to printing photos. Should I download those too?

I'll check. one moment please

Download and install this driver MG5400 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 11.7.1.0 (OS X)

from: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg5420#DriversAndSoftware

in process….

ok

Still doesn't work with iPhoto or pdf.
Rollers seem to work for 8.5 x 11 but is there maintenance I need to do so that the printer picks up the 4x6 photo paper?
even so, it does not print the right image size.
are you still with me or have you given up?
Are you still there?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Sorry. I was looking for additional support for you. I will open the question so other experts can help.

Ok. Thanks. How long do you think it will take? Concerned if I log off, won't be able to contact you again.
Looking forward to a response via email. Thanks.
WesPCDr
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician