Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a Canon imageclass D1350 that I'm trying to install

Customer Question

I have a Canon imageclass D1350 that I'm trying to install on my network. The AutoIP on the printer has given the IP Address for the printer: 169.254.115.131. However when I go to "Add Printer" the computer is not able to find the printer even when I manually enter the IP Address for the printer. I verified the cables to from the printer and the computer to the router are good and that the computer can print to another printer on the same network. I've also updated the printers for the drivers as well. What do I need to do so that my computer can see the Canon printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? Or is this a new printer or new modem/router device, etc.?

Then IP address on the printer is not correct. It should be similar to the computer (only the last number should be different.)

- Can you please press the Menu icon button, then select the option System Settings, then select option Initialize System Settings in order to reset Network Settings, then see if the computer can detect the printer.

- If needed, disconnect the power cord(s) from the Internet/wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect

, then turn off printer, then disconnect the power cord power cord from the printer for a couple of minutes, then reconnect

, then wait a few minutes, then see if the computer is able to detect the printer.

- If needed, check the IP address on the printer

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

- To check the IP address on the printer (by pressing the Status Monitor/Cancel button, then select option Network Information, then select option IPv4, then select option IP Address.)

- If needed, you can set static / manual IP address (using option IPv4 only) by going to Menu -> Network Settings -> TCP/IP Settings -> IPv4 Settings -> IP Address Settings

, then select option Auto Obtain, then set option Select Protocol to Off and option Auto IP to Off

, then select option Manual Obtain, then for option IP Address, the enter the first 3 numbers the same as the computer; enter the last number differently. (For example, if your computer has IP address of 192.168.1.15, then on the printer, enter 192.168.001.020)

, then for options Subnet Mask and Gateway Address, enter exactly as on the computer.)

, then see if you can add the printer on the computer

Full instructions/illustrations:

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=40976

Full instructions/illustrations: