Cpolarek
Cpolarek, Technician
Experience:  10+ years in IT
30863715

Why is the Konica Minolta Magicolor 1600W blinking orange?

Customer Question

Why is the Konica Minolta Magicolor 1600W blinking orange? This seemed to have started when I updated my PC to 8.1. I was told it needs new firmware. Where will I find a free download of this?

Category: Printers
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, Your 1600W has 3 LED indicators... Ready, Error, and Toner. I need to know what all 3 of them are doing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Toner light is on K, Ready is not illuminated and Error light blinking orange.

Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 year ago.

Would you say the light is blinking quickly, or slowly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its a little over a second between blinks.

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

I show this link works for your printer also: http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/wcm/connect/9c24c9e1-4c0a-4c09-98d1-4571478dc5ac/magicolor1680MF_1690MF_4690MF_4695MFFirmwareUpdaterGuide.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=9c24c9e1-4c0a-4c09-98d1-4571478dc5ac

Using this software, through this software you should be able to download the firmware and install it as needed.

To get the firmware downloader software, you need to request it from the following page: http://www.konicaminolta.co.uk/business-solutions/support/laser-printers-support/magicolor-pagepro-support.html and request the firmware downloader for your printer. I doubt however that it's a firmware problem. Typically when the printer gives an error after an upgrade it's because of a driver issue. I would try removing the printer, downloading the correct driver and doing a fresh printer install.

Thank you for using Just Answer.