Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have an MVF 240-C USB Printer Version 5.21 and when i try

Customer Question

I have an MVF 240-C USB Printer Version 5.21 and when i try to print it notifies me that the printer is in "error status" what does that mean and how do I fix my problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean the printer model Brother MFC-240C? Or another model?

If it is an all-in-one printer, are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Do you see my questions above? Please only reply at the box below on this web page. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a MCF-240C USB Printer Version 5.21. I can copy a document but not print from the computer. I am using Windows 8.1
Bob Bell

Was this printer working previously fine on this windows 8.1 computer?

When did this issue first occur?

Do you know how to open Control Panel on your windows 8.1 computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following fix:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer for now.
  2. Open Control Panel (by typing control panel at the Start screen mode, then click onControl Panel. Or by pressing at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK.)
  3. Then click on Hardware and Sound if available.
  4. Then click on Devices and Printers.
  5. Then right-click on the Brother printer there, and remove it and confirm for now.
  6. Make sure the printer is powered on.
  7. Re-connect the printer's USB cable securely from the printer to the computer.
  8. Wait a few minutes, and the printer should automatically be re-installed.
  9. See if you can print now.

If that does not work, please reply at the box below, so I can troubleshoot the issue further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,