Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My printer stopped working last night. I have a MFC-L2705dw.

Customer Question
how can I get it...
my printer stopped working last night. I have a MFC-L2705dw. how can I get it to work?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
10/2/2015
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What specific problem are you having with it?

my printer MFC-L2705dw stopped printing
It was working fine, than for no reason stopped

I need as much detail as possible to be able to help.

What exactly is it doing?
Not turning on? Giving an error message? Printing blank pages?

no I do not want to call you, I paid $29 and you did not help me yet

I am not asking, nor requiring you to. The site offers an optional call service, we can continue on here.

I'm trying to help you, but need specific details of the problem to be able to provide you an answer.

it to turn on, it is not printing anything
it turn on but not printing anything

Can you make a copy from the glass?
Are you getting any error message either on the computer or on the printer itself?

It make copies

Okay, so it is just unresponsive to computer prints then.

How is it connected to the computer?
Are you getting any error on the computer when trying to print?

No I am not getting any errors. I am not sure how it is connected to computer, it connected from computer to printer. My son who is away set it up and he will be back until 10/8/15. I need to prints some important paper today.

I would need to know the specific connection to be able to help you with this.

Is there a usb cord from the printer to the computer? Is it connected by wifi?

Now, I think of it , it might have something to do with the printer setup. Maybe you can go over it with me. I think it a usb cord
I can fax from the printer when it is working

Thank you for the info.

Can you please check if there is a cord physically connecting the pc to the printer? If so, that is usb. If not, then it would be wifi.

there is a cord physically connecting to the pc

Okay thank you for confirming.

Please turn the printer off, and unplug the usb cord from the computer (the one that goes to the printer).

Go to your start menu, devices/printers, and right click on the brother, then Remove Device.

Reboot the computer (bookmark this page to get back to me after).

When the computer comes back on, plug the usb back in and power printer on

Go back to devices/printers, click on Add a printer (local printer) and it should find and install the brother.

Try to print.

Nathan, Engineer