Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon MF4360 laser printer making a loud hammering noise…

Customer Question
My Canon MF4360 laser printer...
My Canon MF4360 laser printer making a loud hammering noise when switch it on and it is initializing. Took the ink cartridge out and it still does it. Noise is too loud to leave the printer on!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
9/30/2015
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That's hard to diagnose, with the data available so far, because it is such a rare problem and it could be anything.

For a start, with the printer open, look around inside it for anything that might be loose. It could be a motor whose chassis fasteners or hold-down bolts have come loose, or it could be (on the other hand) a problem absolutely requiring a repair-person (or a replacement of the printer) owing to control circuitry and/or sensors dictating that abnormal activity causing the noise take place inside the printer... in short, bad contol circuit directions.

And if you like, you could try a thorough cleaning of the interior according to directions I shall send you... in case it is caused by a fouled or dirty optical sensor... I don't think so, but if you want to make the effort and go through the procedure, there's no reason not to. So let me know if you want detailed instructions on how to do a cleaning properly.