Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

How do I check the network access settings of my Canon MP980

Customer Question

How do I check the network access settings of my Canon MP980 printer? This is a wireless printer run on a wi-fi network in our house. The network's "base" station is an Apple Time Capsule. Recently, we had the Time Capsule's "signal" improved. Ever since then the system is running except for my printer. The Canon IJ Network Tool I have installed on my computer, sends me the "Alert" that I need to check the network settings. How?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Before we begin, may I ask "how" the signal was 'improved'? Knowing this information will help me, help you.

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our ISP provider is ComCast. We were having difficulty keeping our internet connection consistent. The signal kept getting dropped to other networks we did not want. So I am not sure how the signal was "improved" other than to say that the ComCast technician told us he "cleaned up" our network's connection to our ISP. Our system has worked fine since--- our designated network no longer drops out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing that is not working with our designated network is my Canon printer.

Thank you for the update. I may need to take a look at your new configuration to figure out what was changed and why it is affecting the printer as such.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know. I really can't afford this charge now. I appreciate your effort but I am going to have to keep trying to solve the situation myself. Thanks for your time to now....

I am sorry to hear that. Thank you for your time. I will send up the refund request for you now.