Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My Epson 835 stopped printing. The monitor said I should

Customer Question

My Epson 835 stopped printing. The monitor said I should remove the CD/DVD widget. I didn't know there was one. How do I remove it; or restore normal operation?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This is referring to the disc printing tray. Fold down the front panel and there should be a wide rigid plastic template there that you can pull out.

If this is not in place, then there may be a deeper hardware problem such as a bad sensor or control board.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not know how to fold down the front panel; not sure it can be opened??
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

I'm referring to the bypass feed, where you'd feed an envelope for example. Look just above or in the upper portion of the paper try. You may have to check from the rear as well.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After once again turning the Epson off; when turning it back on I was able to print. Curious; and our Epson requires inserting the envelope into the bottom paper tray, having adjusted the length,and width for the envelope size.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Ah you must have the epson artisan 835 model. I'm sorry I thought you had a different one from the workforce series.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bye
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** great day.