Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Have an epson printer, got error mssg "oxf1", and the

Customer Question

Have an epson printer, got error mssg "oxf1", and the printer screen says I need to turn the printer off then on again. I looked it up the error mssg and it means there's a paper jam. I cleared the paper jam internally, turned the printer off then back on and I'm still getting the same error mssg.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I'm not sure where you found this information, but it is incorrect. This is not a paper jam.

Unfortunately this 0xF1 error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use.

As this is a 2014 model, you are hopefully under the factory warranty still and can call epson to file a replacement claim.

If you've had it for longer than 12 months, you'd be on your own for service. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $125; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,