Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

What details do you need?

Customer Question

What details do you need?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What exactly is the problem you are having and what have you done so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I soaked the printer head for an hour as was suggested on line and this morning tried to print. It printed in color but was blank when I printed in black.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Soaking will only help if the nozzle is clogged but not if it is worn, how old is the machine? Was the black completely blank after soaking or just faded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a pretty old printer. Not sure but at least 5-8 years. black was completely blank.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok the print head most likely has a worn nozzle then, just like ink cartridges it is consumable and eventually needs to be replaced. Normally they last 2-3 years so yours has done well. This is the cheapest I have been able to find a replacement: Click Here The part number is ***** if you want to look somewhere else. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay I will try that. So, you don't think I need to buy a new printer?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is up to you due to the price of the print head some people decide to replace the machine instead since you can get anew one around the same price. But another print head should fix this since the color is still working. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.