Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

XP-820- PRINTER ERROR CODE OxEA

Customer Question

XP-820- PRINTER ERROR CODE OxEA
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had already done the "clean-up steps that you recommended. Thus, the Epson CXP-820 works fin in copy mode,It is the data entry required to enable the Epson to connect to my internal house WiFi and be enabled to get print from my iMac. That data is my internal WiFi ID and password. That password ***** a $ in it, but the Epson doesn't have a $ sign.I need help in changing my iMac WiFi Id and password; I can't get it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

I'm happy to help with that, but this is an entirely different question and scope than what your initial question was, pertaining to the prior error.

I can help you change your wifi info, but that would need to be done via a remote support session.