Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a canon imagerunner 1025if. I have black lines

Customer Question

i have a canon imagerunner 1025if. I have black lines running down both sides of the paper
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Does this occur when copying, printing, or both?

Do you see the black lines on scanned pages?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,
It happens all the time and is getting worse with time. A month ago it was a few lines now it is an inch of small lines on the left side and quarter inch on the right side. Also on the scanned pages. Same same..
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Pete did not continue with you, so I'd like to help if I can - my name is*****

When did you last change the toner cartridge for the black color?

When you last put a black toner in the machine, was it a new Canon OEM-original toner cartridge, or was it a refill, remanufactured, or 'Canon compatible' cartridge?

Do you print from a computer to the machine, or only do scanning and photocopying?

(And of course, a remark: if you are doing scanning, there *is* no 'other side' or 'reverse side' - unless you are scanning double-sided? which is pretty fancy, and rather rare.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the printer cartridge with an OEM canon unit a couple months ago.Yes I can print to the print but don't very often as I have another networked printer. We copy with it, fax, and scan single sided.I can't say I am very impressed at this point with very company. I am getting a survey about rating my service when I have yet to receive an answer. I answered the one guy's question and never heard back from him.Thanks for picking up my question but I have solved the problem myself. It was a bad print drum.Please refund my money other than the first $5.00. Let me know you received this email.Regards, Dave.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If you will check your email account more carefully, you will find that I already responded about 2 1/3 days ago, with a query for more details. I received no response so I could not work further on the case. It's just how this site works: instant answers are not always possible, without a query for further information.

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.

(As for your request for a refund, I have no power (as a JustAnswer Expert) over refunds, charges, etc. I must refer your request to Customer Service at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your request or inquiry with reasonable promptness, considering that in the United States it is Sunday evening.)