Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My brother facsimile transceiver model MFC-210CZ is strange

Customer Question

my brother facsimile transceiver model MFC-210CZ is for some strange reason unable to clean itself.I don`t have any clues why. It`s almost full on all it`s ink cartridges and there doesn1t seem to b anything at all jamming it. What else should i try?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Unable To Clean, as an error message, signifies not so much that the cartridges or the inking system has a problem, as that the carriage movement isn't 'cleaning' out obstacles, or has encountered one. (Choice of error messages is sometimes odd, and this is such a case.)

Is there a number code after the Unable To Clean message?

Open up the printer and see if there is loose debris, parts of the printer come loose, paper, or anything else obstructing the carriage that carries the ink cartridges inside the printer. Also, note whether the carriage moves into accessible position, and if it doesn't, where is it located?

If nothing is found, close it up again, pull the power plug, wait 15 minutes or more or overnight, then plug it in to power again only after that time.

Let me know what you find out, and what happens, please. There may be more advice I can give you about this case even if the above procedures do not help.