Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Unable to print 36. keeps coming up on my brother mfc 495cw

Customer Question

unable to print 36. keeps coming up on my brother mfc 495cw printer and it will not print.
how do i fix, brett help!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

That error surprisingly, isn't a very specific error. There are many minor to "not so minor" things that can cause that issue.

To try and repair it, we need to clean the encoder strip. And also thoroughly check the machine for paper jams or any debris. And also remove and reinsert each ink tank inspecting if anything is loose or out of place. The link below will walk you step by step through a troubleshooting process.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc495cw_all&ftype3=1964&faqid=faq00000565_012

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.