Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Print quality from mfcj470dw is poor in linux mint 17.2

Customer Question

print quality from mfcj470dw is poor in linux mint 17.2
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Unfortunately since the drivers are different for each operating system common this often happens. Fortunately however, you may be able to correct these with color profiles if the problem with the printing is in the color accuracy.

It could also be a setting that tells the printer what quality to use. These are more common with Canon printers but some of the brother printers have a quality setting. And although I do not have the Lennix meant driver installed, I would imagine the option is a little bit more hidden on the Lennix platform. But if you could go to that and see if there is a quality or a paper settings section to the print driver one of those should have a draft mode quality and a full quality mode at least. Let me know if that addresses your problem or if you need additional help. I can help you dig a little bit more deeply into the drivers if that's what you need.

Also helpful would be to know how the output differs from one to the other – is it color? Is it later?, Are there streaks etc.