Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a Cannon MG5220 printer. I just replaced the ink

Customer Question

I have a Cannon MG5220 printer. I just replaced the ink cartriges and when I wanted to print, a message came up " PRINTER ERROR HAS OCCURER. UNPLUG THE POWER CORD AND CONTACT THE SERVICE CENTRE.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING TO CORRECT THAT.
Bill Toews ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. The error should have a number or code which may be in a box around the error. What is that code?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
B200
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanx for your comment. The Labor Day holidays are over and now I am working on the printer problem,I have removed the printer head and cleaned it as shown on a number of Youtube videos. When I was finished, I let it dry for 12 hours. I have installed it again and tried to print . Again, I got an error stating " B200 Printer error has occured. Uplug the power cord and contact service centre" Any further suggestions. Regards Bill
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

That is actually what I would have suggested next. After that, if the same thing happens we can rule out the print head. This error only occurs due to the print head or the logic board. Unfortunately since we would have ruled out the print head it means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. This part can be expensive so I would call around for a price. Normally it costs between $75 and $100 for the part alone when not under warranty.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your Canon or this site.