Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

We purchased our Brother MFC-J650DW printer about five

Customer Question

We purchased our Brother MFC-J650DW printer about five months ago. It came with one set of ink cartridges included (standard size, not high yield). Those cartridges worked well, but needed to be replaced about three weeks ago. I purchased a new supply of ink cartridges (Brother brand), but chose high yield ones, from my local Office Depot. After installing these cartridges, the quality of the printing was poor. The intensity of the different colors varied (some colors strong and dark, other colors very weak) and the intensity of all of the colors became weaker in color with successive prints.
I went back to the same Office Depot store and purchased another set of ink cartridges (but standard size) and installed them. The results were no better. What must I do to restore the quality of my printing? Running the cleaner routine did not improve the print quality.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

These were genuine brother cartridges, not refilled or generic ones, correct?