Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

WF 4520 I have had no trouble printing in the past. I

Customer Question
WF 4520 I have...
WF 4520 I have had no trouble printing in the past. I recently installed a b/w printer cartridge. When I try to print, printer says low on ink. I tried ggto check it, thinking I had not clicked it in properly. This is the first time that when I open the top of the printer to look at cartridges, the cartridge holder does not move to the left. Therefore I cannot check cartridge, because I cannot open. I don't know what's going on. I am pretty sure I did it as usual.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
9/1/2015
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you using a new/genuine epson cartridge, or a generic/refilled one?

Can you please unplug power to the printer, then try to slide the carriage over by hand so you can check that the carriage is fully seated?

NEW CARTRIDGE. I HAVE DONE WHAT U ASK. WHY DO U THINK THE CARTRIDGES DIDN'T MOVE TO THE LEFT AS USUAL? LET ME TRY PRINTING

Did it seem loose or not in fully? That is the main reason it wouldn't move.

I checked and the cartridge was in properly. I have gotten a page that I tried to copy before, the material is correct, but very light and sketchy. I can't see all of it.

Thanks, ***** ***** please trying one more copy and see if that improves at all?

I don't know how to get back to what I wanted to print without losing u. I also opened the printer part again, and the cartridge holder still does not move to the left??

You can just minimize this screen to use another program, as well as bookmark/favorite this page to get back to me later if you lose it.

The carriage doesn't move automatically you have to go into the setup menu (ink) and tell it to change cartridges.

I will try. I wd love to talk to u in person, but these prices are crazyl. I am not going to pay another $20!! I realize u just work there. I cd have had BEST BUY come and do it for less. How do I get to the setup menu? All the other times I just put in new cartridge and it printed. I never went to setup. Please tell me this (how to get to setup menu) before I go to try to print.I have to leave in 20 min!

I think this would be cheaper, best buy won't come out for less than $100 for a service call.

Touch the gear/wrench/screwdriver (or ink droplets) icon on the screen.

I went to settings menu, is this the same as setup? but could not find where it says INK. sure wish I cd talk to u without paying more.

Yes, setup is the same as settings.

Look in the Maintenance menu for ink options.

I'm sorry, I have no control over that. We can talk by phone but it is an additional fee.

I know u think I am useless, but I have been going all over settings, and find everything but ink. At the bottom, the green lite is on where it says print. Should I go ahead and minimize u and try to print something?
thanks for yr patience

I don't think that, but I know it can be difficult to have this type of conversation online.

Take your time, and yes please try to print now.

If you have to go, you can bookmark this page and return to pick up with me later on as well (even tonight or tomorrow is fine), if needed.

I will try, but I l have to leave. if the situation is not resolved, how do I get back intouch with u when I get home at 7?

Just bookmark/favorite this page to get back to me here directly .

Or leave this page open in your browser if that is easier for you.

Nathan, Engineer