Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a Cannon PIXMA MG3500 printer. The alignment if off.

Customer Question

I have a Cannon PIXMA MG3500 printer. The alignment if off. Can you help me fix it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Is the alignment off at the top and bottom of the page or is it off on the left and right of the page. Either way, the first thing I would suggest doing is making sure there is nothing in the paper path. In the way you can do that to be sure is to slide a piece of card stock or something similar through the paper path in the normal direction that the paper feeds. Then turn the printer over and give it a little shake and that will clear anything out of the way that may have been stuck in there. The other problem that it could be is some type of registration issue or meeting the heads to be aligned. That's a little more complicated so I'll wait until you let me know whether or not we need to look at other things.