How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WesPCDr Your Own Question
WesPCDr, Technician
Category: Printers
Satisfied Customers: 1507
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
Type Your Printers Question Here...
WesPCDr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is a small wedged-shaped piece of paper jammed inside

Customer Question

There is a small wedged-shaped piece of paper jammed inside the printer
I know because I pulled out the rest of the jammed paper and the wedged
shape is missing from the paper. I've already opened the back; shut off the machine and turned it on again. The missing piece, i.e. the jammed piece is on the mid left side as you look at the front of the printer. It seems to be in
the most inaccessible place.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wouldn't it be easier for me to just get a new printer?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.

If you can reach the wedge shaped piece of paper using tweezers and pull it out, that might work. If not, the only way I have been able to pull out paper is to take apart the entire printer, which is a lot of screws and work.

If you can't seem to take it out after trying the tweezers, then yes, it might be worth getting a new printer.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help. Thank you.